You can order your repeat prescription using the following methods:
- If you have a long term condition and require regular medication you can register with your pharmacy for serial prescriptions who will dispense these at 8 weekly intervals without the need to order your prescription online or in surgery.For more information please discuss with your local community Pharmacist to register or click the link for the Chronic Medication service.
- Order online via the link at the top of this page. Your personal data and request is secured using 128 Bit SSL. When you submit your request using the online form an acknowledgement page will appear with the facility to print off your repeat prescription order. We would advise you to print off your request and bring it with you when you collect your prescription in case of any problems.
Order online - THE WAY OF ORDERING YOUR PRESCRIPTION WILL BE CHANGING AS OF MONDAY 3RD DECEMBER 2018. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
From 1st March 2019 we will no longer accept email prescription requests sent to our prescription email address or requests made via the former online My Surgery Prescription Service, any received will not be processed.
Please see below for our new service that you can sign up for now
- Patient Services (formerly known as Vision Online Service) is our new online ordering service enabling you to order repeat prescriptions at your convenience. If you would like to register, please print and complete our registration form or ask for one at reception.
- Return the completed form to the practice in person, along with 1 valid forms of identification, for example photo ID, passport, driving licence or birth certificate.
Once you are registered, the practice will email you the information that will enable you to create a username and password.
- When you receive the email or letter, go to the website on your registration letter to complete and activate your Patient Services account then you can start using the service to order your repeat prescriptions.
- Once your Patient Services account is activated you can click on the link at the top of this page to log in to order your repeat prescriptions.
Please try to order all items at one time for convenience and order in plenty of time so that you do not run out of your medication.
- Mark the right-hand side of your prescription order form with the items you need and place it in the box by the reception desk.
- Post your order into the surgery, enclosing a self-addressed envelope and allow 7 days for this.
Prescriptions take a minimum of two working days to be processed, and any requests sent after 14:00 will require extra time beyond the 48 hours.
You should order your prescription a week in advance of your prescription running out, as we need at least two working days to prepare any prescriptions. Please allow sufficient time for processing prescriptions ordered on Friday afternoon, Saturday, Sunday or over a bank holiday weekend, or if you post in your request.
Also, bear in mind that availability at the chemist will depend on the individual pharmacy's working arrangements.
Prescriptions may also take slightly longer if the doctor needs to check your records before issuing a prescription.
Items not listed on the slip are not on repeat and will need your doctor to authorise another prescription, this may take longer than 48 hours and is at the doctor’s discretion.
As your health and safety is our main priority, the doctor may ask you to attend the surgery to discuss the medication you have requested if it is not on your repeat list or an item on the repeat medication list needs reviewing.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to review your regular medications with your case manager- either a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year and notification may appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you speak to your case manager to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.