The Scottish Ambulance Service provides ambulances to patients who need support to reach their healthcare appointments, due to their medical or mobility needs.
Ambulance transport is available for patients who:
- require assistance from skilled ambulance staff.
- have a medical condition that would prevent them from travelling to hospital by any other means.
- have a medical condition that might put them at risk from harm if they were to travel independently.
- have mobility difficulties that require the assistance of ambulance care staff.
- are attending hospital for treatment that might have side effects and require ambulance care on the return journey.
To request ambulance transport, call the Scottish Ambulance Service Booking Line: 0300 123 1236
Please call as soon as you are notified about your hospital or clinic appointment.
Text relay (for patients who may be deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired): 18001-0300 123 1236
Cancellation number: 0800 389 1333
Information taken from SAS leaflet.
For further information visit the Scottish Ambulance Service website.